NOTE

This blog page has moved! I will now be posting updates in https://thingssocool.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Intro Post: Now what is this all about?

Hello, I am Dr. Glaucous.
This is my first blog post based on this subject, which is about nerf related things. Everybody has to start somewhere, and this is where I shall start:

I have been in the 3D printing community for, as of now, over 5 years, and recently uncovered the nerfing community (about 1 year ago). This community, to those who may be unfamiliar, specializes in acquiring and modifying the beloved children’s toy to shoot harder, faster, and more straight. Recently, as 3D printing progressed, many of the nerfing community have acquired and used these machines in their builds, and for good reason, too. It provides an easy and useful way to make parts to enhance the build’s performance in new ways. 
 
I was already waist deep with all the necessary skills required to produce effective results (I.E soldering, CAD, mechanics, etc), and I even had prior experience with RC vehicles (I knew how to safely use LiPo batteries), so this hobby seemed like a good fit for me. 
I was initially introduced to this community by a good friend who was already himself well acquainted with the processes and requirements. This way, I didn’t start on ground zero when I jumped in. In fact, my first weapon modification was made on an old Rapid Red that he gave to me. I started out with a simple rewire, set of Meishel 2.0s and a 42mm OFP cage. I was well impressed with the result, and set out to produce more modified blasters (another thing I was quite thankful of learning about before joining the community is that it is absolutely essential to refer to your weapon as a “blaster” and to never call it a gun).

In this blog, I will document my experiences with these modifications for others to read and learn from. I will try not to repost content from other sites, and I shall do my best to keep this blog as useful as possible (I.E less rambling garbage and more useful content, although, in my opinion, certain types of rambling garbage makes for a pretty good read).
 
 
I chose the name THWACK for my blog simply because it is unique. Most other nerf blogs go by Nerf[insert descriptor here]. That seemed a little too generic for me, so I chose the the word that reminded me of the relatively classic sucker dart hitting-and sticking to a smooth surface -thwack.

No comments:

Post a Comment